Bully Dog 85301 Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifold
1995-2003 Detroit 12.7L & 14.0L Series 60 (KW & Pete)
The Bully Dog 85301 Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifold provides an upgrade to the old stock manifold on your 1995-2003 Detroit 12.7L & 14.0L Series 60. This Heavy Duty Exhaust Manifold features a high-flowing design that provides quicker turbo spool, higher power output and more fuel economy for class 8 engines. Bully Dog’s engineering team has spent considerable time analyzing and flow testing various layouts for each manifold utilizing state of the art CAD design software.
Each manifold is simulated and prototyped numerous times as they search for the design that produces the ultimate efficiency. There are two primary goals they are striving for in the design: first, to maximize the airflow by smoothing out the sharp corners of the stock manifolds and eliminating any bottlenecks in the design and second, to eliminate any known failure points in the stock manifold. The final result is an impressive piece that not only looks great but is fine-tuned in every aspect to improve the performance of the engine.
– The sharp corners common on the stock manifolds have been eliminated along with other improvements to increase airflow. More airflow equals greater turbo response and an increase in horsepower to the rear wheels. Independent testing on a flow bench shows 18% greater airflow over the stock manifolds.
– The tolerance of these three-piece systems has been tightened to prevent leakage at the joints. A special metal alloy has also been used that is superior to the stock manifolds, so that all three pieces expand and contract at the same rate as the engine heats up and cools down over the life of the manifold.
– Bully Dog didn’t skimp on the material in the design. These premium manifolds are thicker all the way through to prevent cracking. The thicker manifolds combined with the reduction in heat from the ceramic coating has also proven to help lengthen the life of the gaskets. The end result is a better quality casting.
Ported and Polished
– Each manifold is ported and polished once it is received from the foundry. This is done to ensure that no metal burrs interfere with the airflow that robs both horsepower and economy.
– The manifolds haven’t just been ceramic coated to make them look better. The ceramic coating both inside and out ensures that heat generated by the engine is more fully utilized to spin the turbo. The less the metal absorbs the heat, the greater the turbo response and the more efficient the engine. These ceramic coated exhaust systems not only reduce the radiating temperatures coming off of the manifold by 300˚, they also reduce exhaust gas temperatures (EGTs) by 80˚ to 100.
This exhaust manifold replaces Detroit OEM# 23519348 & 23511978
- Reduced EGT's
- Up to 30HP Increase
- Ceramic Coated Finish
- Improved Engine Efficiency
- 18% More Airflow Over Stock
- Reduced Radiating Temperatures
- Ported Design - Eliminates Flow Interference
1995-2003 Detroit 12.7L Series 60
1995-2003 Detroit 14.0L Series 60
Customer Reviews - Include your order number for a chance to win a $100 GiftCard