Edge Products 15001 Ford Evolution Programmer
List Price: $599.00
Our Price: $359.40
You Save: $239.60 (40 %)
Manufacturer: Edge Products
Manufacturer Number: 15001
XDP Part Number: EP15001
99-03 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke
||Xtreme Diesel Performance is an Authorized MVP dealer. We would like you to shop with confidence knowing your purchase is covered by the manufactures warranty.
The Edge Products 15001 Evolution for the 99-03 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke is the first standalone programmer to display EGTs.
The Evolution re-tunes the truck to maximize performance, fuel economy
and monitoring capabilities. Plus, it ships with a custom-designed pod
to make the Evolution look factory installed.
• FIRST PROGRAMMER TO READ AND DISPLAY EGTs, probe included
• Provides in-cab display to monitor vital engine functions
• Additional 100 HP and 200 ft. lbs of torque
• Three power levels
• Ships with a custom designed pod
• Internet updateable (cable included)
• Displays and clear diagnostic trouble codes
• Adjustable LED backlight color
• Does 0-60 and Quarter mile performance tests with the drag strip Christmas tree lighting and reaction times
• Displays Alerts and Records such as RPM, MPH and EGT
• Datalogs vital engine information
• Simple installation
• Able to adjust shift points/pressure
• Adjustable speed/rev limiter
• 0-60 and Quarter mile performance tests with the drag strip Christmas tree lighting and reaction times
• Records 5 parameters for up to 60 seconds
• Viewable graph using available software
The Evolution allows the user to view up to 4 PIDs at one time. There are 11 different PIDs to choose from. Below is a list and description of each:
• RPM (revolutions per minute) - Engine speed.
• MPH (miles per hour) - Note: Dash display may be +/-3 MPH off from the digital display due to mechanical differences in the spring, etc. used to control the gauge.
• ECT (engine coolant temperature) - Degrees F.
• BST (Boost Pressure) - PSI
• EGT (Exhaust Gas Temp) - Degrees F.
• EOT (Engine oil temperature) - Degrees F.
• TFT (Transmission fluid temperature) - Degrees F. (Automatic Trans ONLY. If you have a manual trans, the value displayed will be incorrect)*
• IAT (Intake air temperature) - Degrees F.
• BARO (Barometric pressure) - PSI
• BAT (Battery voltage)
• DTC (Diagnostic trouble code count)
The following power gains are representative of an actual test vehicle. These gains were measured on a SuperFlow Dyno at an altitude of 4400 ft above sea level, and represent power delivered to the rear wheels of the test truck. The only modification made to the test truck was the addition of the Edge Evolution module. Power gains may vary based on vehicle and geographical location.
Level 1: 60 Horsepower - 100 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 2: 80 Horsepower - 140 Foot Pounds of Torque
Level 3: 100 Horsepower - 200 Foot Pounds of Torque
NOTE: 00-06 EXCURSION owners, you must purchase the pod (EP18301) listed below. The one that comes with this unit will not work with your vehicle.
* Some 1999-2000 Automatic trucks will not show transmission temperature.
Dash Pods may need to be painted to match color of interior.
4/6/2013 7:35 AM
this tuner is amazing it completly changed my truck from a sluggish truck to a peppy animal, i added a banks exhaust and banks air ram and theres tons of power now
Not all tuners are equal!
3/14/2013 1:35 AM
This is a great tuner! I had an Edge Evolution in my 2005 F-150 a couple years ago and liked it.
I purchased my 2001 Excursion w/7.3 with a
Superchips 1950 Cortex Programmer. Stock these are very de-tuned and sluggish. All the tuners are eye-openers! The Superchips was fun but I sold it and purchased the Edge Evolution. WOW, what a difference in the tune! Not only is this superior because you get gauges with your tuner, but the highest tune will set you back in your seat AND I am getting about 4-5 mpg better in the CITY.
I have heard good things about the Edge with Attitude, but for now I am ballin' on a budget and this programmer has more than met my expectations!
Now I'll Never Sell my Excursion, I want another one!
1/20/2013 8:59 PM
I considered selling my 2000 Excursion because it sucked at pulling hills with a trailer. I got some advise from a friend to try the Evolution. This thing is simple to install and will amaze you. What was Ford thinking to detune this truck like that! It has so much more power to offer and the Evolution will bring it out. My fuel mileage increased significantly. The performance is incredible for bone stock. Be careful not to over-rev it the first time out, seriously! No fancy air box or exhaust is necessary. The evolution was engineered for a stock vehicle and in my opinion well done. The engine stats on the display are a great feature. So just get one and wake that truck up. It's worth it!
7/4/2012 9:40 PM
Put this on my 2002 Excursion and was blown away. 6 MPG gain on the highest setting. Shoots coal out of the pipe. The truck is straight stock minus the programmer and I am getting 22 MPG. Can't wait to put it on my 01 F250 with the intake and exhaust.
6/13/2011 11:19 AM
After a few weeks running the tuner I am seeing 21.8 MPG on the 100hp tune mainly highway driving. 19.2 MPG with majority of city driving. Dropped way off using the 80HP tue to 17.8 MPG. Running 4" exhaust and Injen air box.