TS Performance Switchable 6 Position Chip - 7.3L Powerstroke
List Price: $427.00
Our Price: $298.00
You Save: $129.00 (30 %)
Manufacturer: TS Performance Products
Application: 95-03 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke
|Part / Model Year :||
Ford 7.3L switchable chips
They are available in 6 position settings. Your choice of programs are Stock, High Idle, 50hp, 75hp, 100hp, 140+ Extreme
- Does TS Performance offer a variety of chips? Yes we have chips available for both towing and racing. For towing we recommend either the ts 50hp or 75hp chip. We have the TS 100hp or the 140hp+ extreme for those that want lots of horsepower.
- Will I notice a difference in power? Yes, the power you feel will be immediate.
- Does the TS Performance chip make changes to an automatic transmission? Not only does the addition of the chip increase power and torque but it also firms up the shift points. Firmer shifting that will allow your truck to slip into gear not slam into gear.
- Are the TS Performance chips difficult to install? The four bank chip is easy and simple to install. It simply slides into your computer for a secure fit. No taping required. Our step by step instructions are sent out with your chip purchase.
- What information needs to be provided to TS Performance for a chip order? The year of your vehicle ( example early 99 or late 99). It is not necessary to provide a truck code.
- What are the advantages of installing a TS 4 bank chip over other brands?
A) The TS 4-bank chip does not leave the 605 computer code in your PCM that can be detected.
B) If your computer is reflashed by the dealer no need to worry. This chip operates off all four pages of the computer. Simply plug your chip back in and your power is there.
- Can I expect better fuel mileage with the TS Performance chip? With all the TS Performance horsepower chips in almost all cases a 2-4 mpg increase has been reported. This of course will depend on the user's driving habits.
- What type of performance gains will i receive with the TS Performance chip?
A) TS Performance 50 hp - 50 to your rear wheels
B) TS Performance 75 hp - 75 to your rear wheels
C) TS Performance 100hp - 100hp to your rear wheels
D) TS Performance 140hp+ extreme - over 140hp to your rear wheels
awesome when it works
12/5/2013 9:46 PM
great chip! tons of fun and pulls long steep hills real easy. had it for a bit over a year now and its proven to be a great chip for fun and for work. 140 setting smokes a lot off the line but once the boost climbs the smoke dissipates pretty quick. overall great chip in +50 weather. once it drops below 50 no matter what setting i have the chip on the truck won't turn over. i had to modify the plastic cover for the PCM so i could pull the chip out so i could start the truck. once it warms up i can shut it off take the keys out and put the chip back in and from then on it works great. i probably got a lemon but once i get the truck running its a great asset.
11/19/2013 9:20 PM
I was worried about putting any sort of tuner into my truck. I have an 01 7.3 with a 6 speed. I finally said screw it I'll give it a shot. First off the chip was so simple to install, took about an hour. I started the truck and it fired right up like always. The high idle is awesome in the morning, it really helps the truck warm up. 50 horse power woke the truck up so much I was shocked. Every other level in this chip just becomes more crazy and fun. In 140 horse the truck fights not to spin the tires. Almost so that you have to slowly give it the throttle or it will break free on you. This chip is amazing I cant even believe what its done to my truck. Definatley Recommend this to anyone who is sick of the sluggish stock 7.3... good job TS Performance!
Increase in mileage
10/30/2013 3:42 PM
We already had a AFE stage 2 and MBRP 4" exhaust on our Excursion. After the install we have only used the 50hp setting with a noticible difference in power and the gas mileage has gone up about 4 MPG. Can't wait until we go on a longer trip with it. The mileage is almost at 22MPG with a little in town and then highway at 62 mph at 45 degrees. I'm really impressed so far!!
Fantastic Product! (Update)
9/13/2013 6:22 PM
Finally got to pull our 9000lbs 5th wheel. 500 miles round trip. Pulled using 50HP setting. I've pulled the first half of this trip (pre-chip) several months ago. And I remember the grades that gave me fits with low speeds and high EGT's. WOW!!! seems to me, in overdrive EGT's have come down 200* or so. Dropped down out of overdrive considerably more. Between 400*-500*. The difference is a "REALLY BIG DEAL". ie; Worst grade on the trip, on the way home,
Before chip= topped at just under 50mph,EGT's @ 1150*
After chip= topped at 55mph,EGT's @900*.
As for speed....
Before chip=Riding Pyro Gauge. Lotta work to try to maintain 63-65.
After chip=Hey man! I know the tires are good, engine and tranny temps are great... but this truck has got 300k miles on it, the trans and TC are both question marks...f**KIN SLOW DOWN! THE SPEED LIMIT IS 75mph!!! Jeez!!! Get one for your truck. You'll be glad you did.
9/3/2013 1:17 AM
Lots of hp, some smoke. Not a lot. But good enough. Pretty much gives the truck balls. Easy to install to. I'd buy this chip again. For sure