Bullet Proof Diesel Condenser Mount Cold Weather Oil Cooler System 90402001
Manufacturer: Bullet Proof Diesel
Item Number: BPD90402001
Application: 03-04 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke
|Bullet Proof Engine Oil System/Cooler for your 2003-2004 F-Series Ford Power Stroke Diesel with the Cold Weather Package! Air-to-oil cooler mounts behind A/C condenser. Allows for lots of air flow through air cooler and regulates your engine oil temperature to 180°F for use in cold weather conditions.
- No more clogged engine oil coolers due to casting sand and debris in your coolant!
- Prevents the engine oil cooler from rupturing and filling your cooling system with engine oil.
- Bullet Proofs the High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) filter screen preventing a possible HPOP failure.
- Maximizes coolant flow to the EGR cooler to prevent it from overheating.
- Stops early injector failure due to overheated and poorly filtered oil.
- Stops early engine wear due to overheated and poorly filtered oil.
- Stops early turbo failure due to overheated and poorly filtered oil.
- Prevents coolant reservoir (degas) venting coolant due to flash boiling of the coolant in the EGR cooler.
- Halts EGR cooler rupture failure.
- Prevents immediate or delayed catastrophic loss of oil pressure due to a faulty oil filter housing drain valve.
- The best part? An engineered solution that allows you to fix your engine oil cooler right!
- All the Hoses - Heavy-Duty 5/8" Hydraulic Hose
- All the Gaskets - Comprehensive Gasket Kit
- Engine Oil Filter - Large Spin-On Oil Filter is Easy To Service
- Mounting Bracket - Includes all the Hardware
- Instructions - Detailed Instructions for the Bullet Proof Hardware
- Oil Transfer Block - Fits Perfectly!
- Maintain minimum engine oil temperature to 180°F.
How the Bullet Proof Oil Cooler Kit Works
The Neal Technologies Oil Transfer Block (patent pending) replaces the OE engine oil cooler. The oil transfer block mounts where the OE oil cooler mounted and it utilizes OE gaskets and hardware to retain the assembly to the engine.
Engine oil is directed through extreme duty hose, first to the oil filter assembly and then to the oil cooler. The supplied oil filter is much larger and is rated for almost twice the oil flow before bypass than the OE oil filter element. This eliminates the pattern failure of a plugged or restricted oil side of the engine oil cooler, early engine wear due to poorly filtered oil and early injector failure due to poorly filtered oil.
Since the engine oil filter is a remotely mounted spin-on filter, the need for an oil filter housing drain valve is eliminated. This eliminates the pattern failure of an immediate or delayed catastrophic loss of oil pressure due to a faulty oil filter housing drain valve.
In order to maintain or exceed OE engine oil heat removal, an effective liquid to air heat exchanger needed to be utilized. Further, this new engine oil cooler needed to have sufficient air flow to maximize heat transfer.
The supplied engine oil cooler is mounted just behind the condenser. The oil cooler is located in direct air for maximum heat transfer. The radiator fan also acts to move air through the oil cooler. Even during extended idle with little to no air flow, the radiator fan moves more than enough air through the oil cooler to effect more than sufficient heat transfer. This eliminates the pattern failures of early injector failure and early engine wear due to overheated engine oil. This also cures the pattern failure of coolant and oil mixing because of a compromised oil/coolant barrier. This system also has the added benefit of liberating the engine oil temperature from the coolant temperature. This means that during cooler seasons, engine oil temperatures can run cooler than can be accomplished with the OE engine oil cooler. Another benefit of this system is the separation of the oil coolers reliance on the engine coolant for heat transfer. Since the OE oil cooler is the highest point in the cooling system, a low coolant condition could effectively render the OE oil cooler inoperative.
The oil then travels from the supplied oil cooler back to the Oil Transfer Block. The now fully filtered and cooled oil is then directed to the various oil circuits. The oil transfer block has an integrated High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) filter screen. This screen is constructed from stainless steel and will last the life of the engine. This cures the pattern failure of the High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) filter screen failing, resulting in the HPOP failing.
The Engine Coolant (coolant) enters the Oil Transfer Block from the same path as with the OE oil cooler, but the coolant is diverted directly to the EGR cooler. This eliminates the pattern failure of restricted coolant flow to the EGR cooler caused by a plugged or restricted coolant side of the engine oil cooler and coolant reservoir (degas) venting coolant due to the flash boiling of the coolant in the EGR cooler. This also has the added benefit of much cooler coolant entering the EGR cooler. This in turn allows for more heat to be removed from the exhaust gas before it is blended with the air charge. The result is cleaner combustion with fewer emissions. Everybody wins.
The Neal Technologies EGR cooler has been designed to prevent rupture failure, yet operate in a fashion that conforms to OE emission standards. By using a round tube design, stronger materials, and a larger volume of coolant, the strength and reliability of the EGR cooler is greatly improved. This cures the pattern failure of the EGR cooler rupture failure and coolant reservoir (degas) venting coolant due to flash boiling of the coolant in the EGR cooler.