Champion Blue Flame Classic 15W-40 - Synthetic Blend 4359N
1 - One Gallon Jug (Pre-2007 (Pre-DPF) Light and Heavy Duty Diesel)
✔ QuickShips by Next Business Day*
Champion Brands is introducing a new, purpose built diesel engine oil specifically designed to meet the demands of diesel competition builders and enthusiasts of turbo and super-charged pre-2007 MY diesel engines.
Champion Brands Classic Blue Flame is a unique hybrid synthetic blend 15W-40 diesel engine oil that combines workhorse high-zinc performance additives, superior protection, advanced polymer technology, and high TBN, supported by a carrier blend of synthetic and conventional base fluids.
Why offer such a product? 2007 marked a significant change in engine design due to the emission reduction mandate imposed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Many fundamental engine oil protection additives could no longer be used in engines fitted with diesel particulate filtration (DPF) devices. It became clear that engine oil’s ash, sulfur and phosphorous content, and other additives were targeted for substantial reduction to meet new requirements.
These new engine oils were designated API service category CJ-4 to meet the normal driving conditions in post 2007 MY diesel engines. However, today’s diesel enthusiasts who do not have a DPF sought better protection and increased performance beyond that offered by a conventional CJ-4 lubricant.
Champion Brands’ Classic Blue Flame raises the bar of performance beyond API CJ-4, or any previous conventional API service category. Performance diesel owners have reported increased cylinder, cam, and bearing wear in their early model engines, especially in competition diesel engines. Development included attention to the concentration and synergistic behavior of anti-wear and detergent additives in an effort to obtain more robust protection at high temperature and heavy load. Champion Brands Classic Blue Flame also utilizes TVS® (Thermal Viscosity Stabilizer) polymer chemistry, borrowed from CHAMPION RACING OIL technology, and a dynamic backbone of enhanced shear stability and viscosity control.
In addition, Champion Brands Classic Blue Flame Diesel Engine Oil delivers unmatched high temperature film strength and lubricity protection, has the muscle to combat oil shear, maximizes and sustains cylinder compression, and is proven to increase engine horse power and torque. Champion Brands Classic Blue Flame 15W-40 is purpose built for extreme protection and performance. Available now in quart and gallon packages.
- Semi-Synthetic SAE 15W-40 “Classic” Blue Flame
- For pre 2007 MY Diesel Engines
- High-zinc performance additives, superior protection, advanced polymer technology, plus high TBN
- Anti-wear and detergent additives for increased robust protection at high temperatures and heavy load
- Utilizes TVS® (Thermal Viscosity Stabilizer) polymer chemistry, borrowed from CHAMPION RACING OIL technology
- Dynamic backbone of enhanced shear stability and viscosity control
- Classic Blue Flame Diesel Engine Oil delivers unmatched high temperature film strength and lubricity protection.
- Combats oil shear, maximizes and sustains cylinder compression, and is proven to increase engine horse power and torque.
- Classic Blue Flame 15W-40 is purpose built for extreme protection and performance.
Customer Reviews - Include your order number for a chance to win a $100 GiftCard