Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway.
On turbo Diesel truck applications, water/methanol injection systems reduce air inlet temps and enhance combustion efficiency which allows the engine to deliver more power with less effort. It also offers a host of benefits that promote engine longevity, including the reduction of carbon deposits left by a Diesels exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system. AEMs Water/Methanol Injection Systems for turbo Diesel and naturally aspirated HD trucks utilize the most robust hardware combined with more advanced features than any other comparably priced water/methanol system.
AEMs on-demand progressive Multi-Input controller for AEMs PN 30-3351 Diesel Water/Methanol Injection kit features a multiple input design that enables users to install AEMs Water/Methanol Injection Kit on ultra-high boost turbo Diesels (above 40 PSI) using an external MAP sensor. The Multi-Input controller works with an external 0-5v voltage-based external MAP sensor, a frequency based input for Injector Duty Cycle (IDC), frequency-based mass airflow (MAF), or a 0-5v voltage-based MAF to ensure the proper amount of water/methanol injection at all points along the engines power curve. AEMs engineers spent extensive time developing the HD water/methanol controllers flow control strategy for a more linear flow output delivery. This means that the flow delivery better matches an engines need for water/methanol injection, which further improves charge air cooling and reduces EGTs.
The new HD controller design features large, turn-resistant knobs and larger numbering to easily set accurate start and full activation points, with covered status LED and test buttons for added splash resistance. The Multi-Input controller has an easy-to-remove plug covering the programming dipswitches and a programming legend on the back for the 0-5v and frequency based settings, an easy to access integrated fuse and molded mounting tabs.
The wiring harnesses for AEMs Water/Methanol Injection kits are terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end and have color-coded wires to ease installation. Both the power and ground wires for the pump are included in the harness which simplifies the wiring process and eliminates any chance of the pump accidentally activating from a short in the system. An additional wire is included for adding an optional on/off solenoid to stop fluid flow when the system is inactive.
AEMs PN30-3351 HD Diesel Water/Methanol Injection System includes a low-profile 5 gallon tank with a high-tech conductive low fluid level indicator, a positive lock connector, color matched wires to the wiring harness, and baffles to reduce fluid slosh.
- Multi-Input, 0-5v/frequency-based progressive controller design for use with external MAP sensor for turbo Diesels running over 40 PSI of boost, or can program via MAF/IDC
- Multi-Input controller features large adjustment knobs, integrated plug for harness connection, integrated fuse, covered status light and test buttons for enhanced splash resistance and mounting tabs
- Wiring harness is terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end with color-coded wires to ease installation, power and ground wires for the pump and additional wire for optional on/off fluid solenoid
- Boost Safe failsafe output included
- Internally-bypassed water/methanol injection pump does not cycle on an off and provides quiet, smooth operation. It features robust construction including integral hose fittings, EPDM seals and a Santoprene diaphragm that provides consistent and reliable fluid delivery
- Precision-machined billet-aluminum injector with integral check valve
- Three interchangeable injector nozzles to cover a wide variety of HP levels (500 cc/min & two 1,000cc/min)
- 5 gallon tank with anti-slosh technology and integral conductive low-fluid sensor with positive lock connector (tank-less Multi-Input water/methanol systems available, AEM Part #30-3352 includes Multi-Input 05v/frequency based controller for external MAP/MAF/IDC)
- 20 feet of Nylon injection tubing included
- LED dash light for system status and low fluid warning
Important Safety Notice Regarding Methanol
AEM strongly recommends that users never exceed a 50% methanol concentration when using any AEM Water Methanol system or component.
All AEM Water/Methanol injection systems and components (pump, lines, fittings, filter, flow sensor, tank, and nozzles) are 100% chemically compatible with methanol. However, for safety reasons we strongly recommend that users never use more than a 50% methanol concentration in our systems.
Methanol is a toxic and highly flammable chemical. 100% Methanol ignites easily and burns vigorously with an almost undetectable flame. Methanol can be absorbed through the skin and even small amounts can cause blindness or even death. Using this fluid at high pressures, without dilution, in an under-hood environment with nylon lines and push-to-connect fittings is very unsafe. The performance advantages of using greater than 50% methanol concentrations are small, if they exist at all. However, the safety issues are very real and far outweigh any perceived benefit of running high concentrations of methanol.
AEM holds no responsibility for any engine damage or personal injury that results from the misuse of this product, including but not limited to injury or death caused by the mishandling of methanol.
FOR OPTIMUM RESULTS, ALL WATER/METHANOL INJECTION SYSTEMS AND GAUGES SHOULD BE RUN WITH AN AEM INLINE FILTER (AEM PART #30-3003)