Five Star (Soft Lock) (This converter is better suited for stock to moderate power levels) Viskus Clutch Drive Torque Converter, Mixed Flow Stator, Extreme Efficiency,
The ATS Five Star is a revolutionary Torque Converter that utilizes all of the technologies of a traditional torque converter plus the innovative ATS Viskus Clutch Drive. The ATS Viskus Clutch Drive is the heart of the ATS Five Star torque converter.
The ATS Viskus Clutch Drive, along with the fluid-coupling portion of the torque converter, share in the increase of transfer of power through the torque converter. Unlike other torque converters relying on fluid transfer from the impeller to the turbine via the stator, the Five Star utilizes ATS Viskus Clutch Drive technology that transfers rotational energy from the engine to the transmission. When the Torque Converter Clutch is commanded to come on, the 5 clutch plates provide a 100% mechanical engagement ensuring no plate slippage during lockup, even at power levels in excess of 2000 foot pounds of torque!
We're so confident in the Five Star that it is backed by the only 5-year 500,000-mile warranty in the business.
- Full Billet Steel Construction in place of cheap steel stamping
- 5 Disk friction surface with Patented Square Flank Drive
- Stall speed is perfectly matched to engine torque curve
- Mixed-Flow stator works with Viskus Clutch Drive maximizing torque multiplication
- Fully welded impeller and turbine vane section
- Oversized high load thrust bearings in place of plastic washers