The Garrett 778445-5002S GT1749V Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade is the first performance upgrade / replacement turbocharger available to the Aftermarket for Volkswagen 1.9L TDI BEW Engines. The GT1749V comes equipped with a smart actuator, an industry exclusive, and a position sensor, which enables the turbocharger to communicate automatically with the Engine Control Unit (ECU). The kit is easy to install and suitable as a performance upgrade or replacement turbocharger. The Garrett VW TDI Kit also promotes a longer turbo and engine life span and increased reliability by lowering exhaust gas temperatures.
- GT Wheel Aerodynamics
- Can Support Up To Estimated 175HP
- Increased Compressor Flow Over Stock
- Turbine: 43mm Inducer, 38mm Exducer, 76 Trim, 0.61 A/R
- Compressor: 36mm Inducer, 49mm Exducer, 55 Trim, 0.46 A/R
- Turbine, Compressor & Oil Connections Fit With No Modifications
- Includes Smart Actuator With Position Sensor (Separate EGR Adaptor Tube Required)
- Garrett Patented Variable Nozzle Turbine (VNTTM) Design
- 1 Year Warranty
- Stock: 100 HP & 177 Lb-Ft.
- Garrett Turbo Kit: 175 HP & 250 Lb-Ft.
Applications (Fits BEW PD Engine Code):
2003.5-2006 Volkswagen Beetle
2003.5-2006 Volkswagen Golf
2003.5-2005 Volkswagen Jetta
Replaces: Volkswagen OE Part#: 038 253 019 S, 038 253 014 E Model: KP39 (3K)
Requires EGR adapter tube (see related items below)
HP results above are estimated. Actual figures will vary with tuning and fuel system upgrades.