Full Pillars cover the entire a-pillar creating the premier factory installation fit. Many, with some modification, can be used as complete replacements and are paintable. Built with the Heat Temp. U/V resistant (ABS) plastic materials, each is custom made for an excellent fit.
Warning - Do not install Full Pillar in vehicle with side air bag curtains.
1. These instructions are for installation of your new Full Pillar over the A-Pillar trim piece but ( on some vehicles) complete replacement can be done with a few small changes.
2. Remove the A-Pillar trim piece. (It may be necessary to permanently remove any hand strap on the A-Pillar trim.)
3. Place the Full Pillar part in mounting position on the A-Pillar trim piece. Inspect fit to see if some trimming is necessary for a good fit.
4. (Optional) Paint the Full Pillar with a paint that is safe for plastic.
5. Install gauges in the Full Pillar and make sure the wires can exit at the bottom. If clearance is not sufficient, cut opening in the A-Pillar trim piece near the bottom.
6. With the Full Pillar in mounting position on the trim piece, drill a 5/32" hole near each of the four corners of the Full Pillar on the flat surface area. Install the plastic nail retainers in each hole.
7. Place the Full Pillar in position on the A-Pillar and run the wires through the fire wall.
8. Connect the wires to the vehicle.
9. Secure the Full Pillar on the A-Pillar.
Location: New Jersey
Fit trim and gauges perfect. Used a #15 drill bit for the retaining nails instead of a recommended 5/32 bit listed in the directions, which wound up being to small. Other than that, looks good.
Fit and Finish was great
Location: Las Vegas
Auto Meter gauges fit excellent. By that I mean very snug. No reason to pay extra for any other pillar.