AEM Brute Force Diesel Intake System 21-8114D
1999.5-2003 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke (pickup & excursion)
BRUTE FORCE Intake System Features & Benefits:
AEM BRUTE FORCE intakes are designed for popular trucks, SUVs and musclecars, and dyno-tested to create more torque and horsepower than any other intake for large displacement engines.
Our R&D testing procedures and quality-first manufacturing processes set our intakes apart. But at the end of the day, what makes our intakes different is that we make more torque and horsepower than the competition, and deliver the best filtration and performance available through our DRYFLOW Synthetic filter. We test against them, and won't release a system unless it outperforms all other offerings.
At AEM, our mechanical engineers emphasize tuning the resonance properties of the inlet pipe to help carry more air to the intake valves. We route our plumbing so that the filter draws air from the safest and coolest location, and provide a steel powdercoated heat shield to shroud the filter from engine heat and road dirt. Every BRUTE FORCE Intake we make is submitted to C.A.R.B. for 50-state exemption, and we guarantee them for life.
Combine this with the only dry performance filter on the market (DRYFLOW Synthetic filter), compete hardware in every kit, a steel heat shield, reinforced brackets, unmatched looks and a lifetime guarantee, and it's easy to see why BRUTE FORCE Intakes “Bully The Competition.”
- Outperforms every other system on the market
- Constructed of mandrel-bent, 6061
- Reinforced TIG-welded brackets and fittings deliver added durability
- NEW! Exclusive DRYFLOW Synthetic filter does not require oil, delivers the best filtration and performance on the market!
- Utilizes a complete hardware kit with soft mounts for a guaranteed perfect fit
- Carbon-Black powdercoated steel heat shield included (when applicable)
- Every BRUTE FORCE System is C.A.R.B. exempt or pending C.A.R.B. exemption
- Manufactured and assembled in the U.S.A.
- Limited lifetime warranty
DRYFLOW SYNTHETIC FILTER
AEM's Revolutionary DRYFLOW Synthetic Performance Air Filter—Better Filtration & Dust Trapping, No More Oiling!
Performance air filters have gone unchanged for 50 years until now. AEM has reinvented the Lifetime performance air filter in the form of our DRYFLOW Synthetic air filter—the first performance air filter that does not require oiling to filter and trap dirt and contaminants!
- The DRYFLOW Synthetic filter's unique non-woven polyester filter media is independently tested at over 98% initial filtration efficiency (99.4% cumulative efficiency) based on SAE J276 JUN93 Fine Dust Air Cleaner Test Code procedures. Oiled filter initial efficiency is typically 90% to 95% efficient.
- The DRYFLOW Synthetic filter delivers superior filtration and equal performance (compared to an oiled filter) on every BRUTE FORCE intake tested!
- AEM's unique non-woven filter media never needs oil! This means less down time between cleanings and no more chance of over-oiling.
- A neutral gray filter color complements our mirror-polished and silver powdercoat finishes, and hides the dirt that it keeps out of your engine.
- A mineral reinforced plastic interior cage increases structural rigidity—it's virtually impossible to collapse, even on Diesels! No mesh screen means no more filter damage from bumps during installation or cleaning and no corrosion damage.
- Element is cleanable and is Guaranteed for Life!
- Will NOT void your vehicle's warranty!
Customer Reviews - Include your order number for a chance to win a $100 GiftCard
(Angleton Texas )
11/27/2012 9:17 PM
I just finished putting in the intake and I am very happy with it. Great response and the sound is amazing. Would not gone any other way.
Good Intake if it fits
3/26/2011 3:41 AM
I just put this on my truck and I had put one on my car and loved it. THe intake looks amazing but the instructions leave more to be desired they are choppy and confusing at parts.If you have a 7.3 powerstroke with the HD airbox with the big blue oval filter this will not fit your truck without serioud modification. I know I just did the mod i used an angle grinder a saw and a welder to make it fit and I had to splice a sensors wires because the intake was to far back. I also had to trim off the top to make it fit under the hood and had to weld new mounting hardware... Looks like it will work perfectly for a truck without the HD airbox and I love the product itself. V ery responsive truck now when paired with 4 inch exhaust!
9/16/2008 7:18 PM
it was better than i thought and it has more of a ramair than some others because the new box gos up to the hood
1/25/2007 12:06 AM
It took 45 minutes to install (very easy) excellent instructions and it made a world of diference in terms of responce...very satisfied and I also like the sound of the turbo that resonates through the intake