AEM Brute Force Diesel Intake System 21-8204D
BRUTE FORCE Intake System Features & Benefits:
AEM BRUTE FORCE intakes are designed for popular trucks, SUVs and musclecars, and dyno-tested to create more torque and horsepower than any other intake for large displacement engines.
Our R&D testing procedures and quality-first manufacturing processes set our intakes apart. But at the end of the day, what makes our intakes different is that we make more torque and horsepower than the competition, and deliver the best filtration and performance available through our DRYFLOW Synthetic filter. We test against them, and won't release a system unless it outperforms all other offerings.
At AEM, our mechanical engineers emphasize tuning the resonance properties of the inlet pipe to help carry more air to the intake valves. We route our plumbing so that the filter draws air from the safest and coolest location, and provide a steel powdercoated heat shield to shroud the filter from engine heat and road dirt. Every BRUTE FORCE Intake we make is submitted to C.A.R.B. for 50-state exemption, and we guarantee them for life.
Combine this with the only dry performance filter on the market (DRYFLOW Synthetic filter), compete hardware in every kit, a steel heat shield, reinforced brackets, unmatched looks and a lifetime guarantee, and it's easy to see why BRUTE FORCE Intakes “Bully The Competition.”
- Outperforms every other system on the market
- Constructed of mandrel-bent, 6061
- Reinforced TIG-welded brackets and fittings deliver added durability
- NEW! Exclusive DRYFLOW Synthetic filter does not require oil, delivers the best filtration and performance on the market!
- Utilizes a complete hardware kit with soft mounts for a guaranteed perfect fit
- Carbon-Black powdercoated steel heat shield included (when applicable)
- Every BRUTE FORCE System is C.A.R.B. exempt or pending C.A.R.B. exemption
- Manufactured and assembled in the U.S.A.
- Limited lifetime warranty
DRYFLOW SYNTHETIC FILTER
AEM's Revolutionary DRYFLOW Synthetic Performance Air Filter—Better Filtration & Dust Trapping, No More Oiling!
Performance air filters have gone unchanged for 50 years until now. AEM has reinvented the Lifetime performance air filter in the form of our DRYFLOW Synthetic air filter—the first performance air filter that does not require oiling to filter and trap dirt and contaminants!
- The DRYFLOW Synthetic filter's unique non-woven polyester filter media is independently tested at over 98% initial filtration efficiency (99.4% cumulative efficiency) based on SAE J276 JUN93 Fine Dust Air Cleaner Test Code procedures. Oiled filter initial efficiency is typically 90% to 95% efficient.
- The DRYFLOW Synthetic filter delivers superior filtration and equal performance (compared to an oiled filter) on every BRUTE FORCE intake tested!
- AEM's unique non-woven filter media never needs oil! This means less down time between cleanings and no more chance of over-oiling.
- A neutral gray filter color complements our mirror-polished and silver powdercoat finishes, and hides the dirt that it keeps out of your engine.
- A mineral reinforced plastic interior cage increases structural rigidity—it's virtually impossible to collapse, even on Diesels! No mesh screen means no more filter damage from bumps during installation or cleaning and no corrosion damage.
- Element is cleanable and is Guaranteed for Life! (Filter Cleaning Solution included)
- Will NOT void your vehicle's warranty!
Worth the money (Get CFM Intake Manifold)
8/10/2012 1:03 PM
I bought this for my 1997 12V 3500 and it took a half hour to put on. Super simple to install and no issues with it. Also took out the turbo silencing ring...I highly recommend that ;) Made a difference in throttle response and reduced turbo lag. I would also recommend putting the CFM Intake Manifold on, that is what made a huge difference!
AEM Air intake
(Racine Waterford, WI)
6/26/2012 5:35 PM
AEM air intake ran GREAT on my single turbocharger! Provided enough for turbo to take!
9/11/2010 12:56 PM
I put this product on my 02' in 45 min taking my time. I was going to pay for an install but it looked so easy I had to force myself to try. My 10 yr old read the directions to me and it was so easy. I did put a drop of crazy glue in the single rubber cap that covers the mounting bolt under the filter (not nessessary). I just didn't want that cap to come off down the road. If it does, I'll just grap valve stem cap at a gas station and glue that on. This bolt that sits under the filter doesn't even touch the filter, I think they cap it so when you take your filter in and out to clean you don't scrape the bolt with the filter.
A couple other things if your not mechanical like me.
1)When you go to remove your stock box system that contains your stock air filter just keep unscrewing those plastic nuts, seems like your not getting anywhere but you are and it will unscrew and lift off.
2)I used an exacto knife to cut the rubber grommet that holds the air filter status meter to the stock unit.(I didn't know the trick to removing) Once I cut and removed rubber grommet the filter status meter popped right out. The Brute Force comes with a new rubber grommet for the intake pipe. It takes 5 seconds to install your air filter staus meter to your new intake system.
This kit is simplicity at it's best. I don't see how anyone could improve on this design and get you better flow. It's just one slight bend off the turbo and a straight shot to the filter.
(New Hope, KY)
3/11/2010 11:51 AM
Installed myself in under a half hour and I have liitle/no mechanical experience. Simple as could be. This intake made it sound like theres a small jet engine under the hood. I've never herd a turbo so loud on a truck of its size, 1999 Cummins 24V. Great buy.
1/6/2009 2:16 AM
I recently installed this air intake on my 96 Dodge 12 valve, and I was Amazed! Increased throttle response, cooler operating temp, and better milage are only a few of the perks I noticed. The turbo whistle is sweet! Its a great intake for the money!