Signing on for another year of the action, XDP has teamed up with Diesel Power Magazine to bring you the 2017 Diesel Power Challenge! Unlike any other competition, the Diesel Power Challenge contestants are chosen by the fans. Readers of Diesel Power Magazine vote in 9 trucks through mail-in ballots. On the list this year are 3 Fords, 3 GM's and 3 Rams. Making it an even 10, is the 4th addition for the blue oval team, the returning and defending champion Charlie Keeter and his 6.0L Powerstroke.
The Diesel Power Challenge focuses on consistency and being well-rounded with the ultimate setup. Each competitor must put their truck through several grueling tests and finish on top to be crowned the Diesel Power Challenge Champion. In this event, having the most power, or having the fastest track times is just half the battle. Each truck needs to Dyno, Drag Race, Sled Pull, Trailer Tow Drag Race, and complete a Trailer Tow Obstacle Course! On top of that, each truck will also be tested for fuel consumption. This is what sets the Diesel Power Challenge apart from every other competition out there, driver skill is just as important as having the perfect, well-rounded setup.
The Diesel Power Challenge is a private, closed course event that will be taking place in the greater Denver, Colorado area from June 4th - June 8th. So while you may not be able to physically attend, the event will be streamed LIVE for everyone to see!
- Sunday 6/4 - Registration, Meet & Greet
- Monday 6/5 - Feature Shoot & Fuel Consumption / Drivability Test
- Tuesday 6/6 - Dyno Competition (Live Feed)
- Wednesday 6/7 - Drag Racing, Trailer Tow Obstacle Course, 1/8 Mile Trailer Tow (Live Feed)
- Thursday 6/8 - Sled Pull (Live Feed)
Live Feed Schedule (Times May Vary):
- Tuesday 6/6 - Dyno Competition @ 9:00 AM MT / 11:00 AM EST
- Wednesday - 6/7 - Track Day @ 9:00 AM MT / 11:00 AM EST
- Thursday - 6/8 - Sled Pull @ 1:00 PM MT / 3:00 PM EST
Note: Live Feed times are approximate and may vary. Bookmark this page and check back often to make sure you don't miss out on any of the action at the 2017 Diesel Power Challenge!